Your medical doctor may recommend that you take medication prior to your dental treatment if you have certain pre-existing health conditions or if you are at risk of certain conditions. Please ensure that we are aware of any pre-medications you need to take and we will remind you of it when we call you in advance of your appointment.
If you experience any unusual reactions or complications please do not hesitate to call us. If you have concerns that come to light outside of regular office hours, please contact the office for additional care instructions.
Bite firmly on the gauze for 20 minutes. If the gauze requires changing, fold a new piece twice (into quarters) and wet the side that will contact the clot/extraction site. If bleeding continues and you run out of gauze pads you can use a wet teabag and gently bite on it. Do not use tissue.
· DO NOT rinse vigorously. DO NOT spit vigorously.
· DO NOT rinse for at least 8 hours. After at least 8 hours has passed you may hold a mouthful of warm water mixed with 1/2 tsp salt on the extraction site. Try and keep the warm water on the extraction site until it cools, then gently spit it out. This can be done up to 5 times per day.
· DO NOT drink through a straw.
· DO NOT eat until your anaesthetic comes out.
· DO NOT eat food items such as corn, nuts, rice, chips, or seeds for at least 3 days.
· DO NOT smoke or have anything hot for the rest of the day.
· When reclining, ensure that you use a pillow and keep your head elevated. This will help prevent an increase in the blood pressure in your extraction site.
· DO NOT exert yourself for the rest of the day. Rest.
· Take your medication, if any, as prescribed.